Summer Camp Discoveries Fair
Tuesday, 02/11/14: Cancelled due to snow
Thursday, February 13, 2014
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Turner Concourse, East Baltimore
Meet with local and regional camp representatives to learn about:
- Camps for children ages 4-18
- Day and overnight camps
- Camps for individuals with special needs
Attendees will receive the 2014 Summer Camp Guide and can enter a raffle to win camp discounts and other great prizes! The guide will include details about approximately 30 local and regional camps that will be in attendance.
- Day Camps- Day camps provide care and activities for children during the day. These camps typically offer a variety of different activities and may include before and after care hours.
- Residential Camps- Residential camps are sleep-away camps that range from overnight, weekends, one week, or one month. "Traditional" residential camps typically offer a wide range of activities and do not focus on developing a certain skill or addressing a particular development need. Residential camps may provide leadership and/or counselor training opportunities for older teens.
- Specialty Camps- Specialty camps focus on one activity and are typically geared toward improving a participant's performance. Examples include: dance, equestrian, music, and sports. Specialty camps may be day or residential.
- Academic Camps- Academic camps typically focus on a particular subject such as math or science, though some incorporate more than one area of study. The emphasis is on campers gaining knowledge and having fun. Academic camps may be day or residential.
- Camps for Individuals with Special Needs- Some camps provide care and activities suited to the particular physical, cognitive, or emotional needs of a camper. Examples of special needs or conditions accommodated at individual camps include: asthma, diabetes, learning disabilities, cancer, and grief and loss.
Camp Planning Tools
The tools and information below that may assist you in choosing the best camp for your child and preparing your child for camp.
- Camp Planning Calendar
- Involving Your Child in the Camp Decision
- Preparing You and Your Child for Camp
- Packing for Camp Checklist