Eligibility for LNYW Grants
There are three major eligibility requirements you must establish before applying for a LNYW grant. After confirming you can meet the eligibility requirements listed below, please pay special attention to the Important Details page to fully educate yourself about our grant.
Eligibility Requirement #1: Confirm Employer Affiliation
To ensure that your employee status is eligible to participate in the Johns Hopkins LNYW program, please see the lists below. The program is available to full-time, benefits-eligible employees of:
- Johns Hopkins University
- Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Johns Hopkins Bayview (Funding is not available until July 1, 2019. Contact Katie Walsh at 443-997-7000 to learn more.)
- Johns Hopkins Community Physicians
- Johns Hopkins Health Care
- Johns Hopkins Health System
The program is NOT available to:
- Part-time employees
- Residents, postdoctoral fellows
- House staff
- Applied Physics Laboratory
- Broadway Services (contact Broadway Services HR regarding their own LNYW program)
- Johns Hopkins Home Care Group
- Kennedy Krieger (contact Kennedy Krieger HR regarding their own LNYW program)
Eligibility Requirement #2: Complete Homeownership Counseling
Prior to making an offer on a home, you must complete a counseling class and 1-on-1 appointment with an approved homeownership counseling agency.
Eligibility Requirement #3: Buy a Home within the LNYW Boundaries
You may only use the grant in certain areas of Baltimore City. Visit our Incentives & Neighborhoods page to familiarize yourself with these designated areas.
** Additional requirements do apply. Please see our Important Details page for more information.