The Faculty and Staff Assistance Program (FASAP) provides counseling and support services and is a good resource during difficult times. FASAP can assist you in understanding the normal response to grief and traumatic stress, as well as how to adopt positive coping strategies and foster resiliency.
Should you feel you need assistance, please contact FASAP at 443-997-7000.
FASAP serves employees of the Johns Hopkins University, Johns Hopkins Hospital and Health System, and Community Physicians. Faculty, staff, employees, and their dependents and significant others are eligible for services, without charge. For more information or to schedule an appointment with a FASAP clinician, please call 443-997-7000.
The following links provide information and tips about how to recognize the signs and symptoms of stress and care for yourself and others during this time:
- Surviving the Effects of Trauma
- Critical Incident Stress
- Managing Traumatic Stress
- Guide to Critical Incident Stress Management for Supervisors
- Disaster Distress Helpline
- Helping your children manage distress in the aftermath of a shooting
- Managing your distress in the aftermath of a shooting
- Tips for Talking With and Helping Children and Youth Cope After a Disaster or Traumatic Event: A Guide for Parents, Caregivers, and teachers
- Listen, Protect, Connect – Model and Teach: Psychological First Aid for Teacher and Students
- After a Loved One Dies – how children grieve and how parents and other adults can support them