No matter how old your child is, chances are they're still developing in one way or another. Below you will find some great resources regarding child development. Brief descriptions of each website as well as a key feature have been listed along with the link to each site.
Provides information about child development from newborn to 18 years of age, including:
- What can my child do?
- What can my child say?
- What does my child understand?
- How does my child interact with others?
Key feature: Each section ends with tips to help increase your child's development and emotional security.
Maryland Healthy Beginnings from Maryland State Department of Education and Johns Hopkins University School of Education, Center for Technology in Education
Provides information specifically designed for caregivers of children birth to 3 years of age.
- Activity Planner to help you find activities that you can do to promote early learning
- Personal and Social Development Charts
- Complete downloadable PDF guide
Provides information about your child's development, birth to 19 years of age, including:
Key feature: Each section has "suggested behaviors for effective parenting."
Provides information about your child's development, ages 2 months to 5 years, including:
- Social and emotional development
- Language/communication development
- Cognitive development (learning, thinking, and problem-solving)
- Movement/physical development
Key feature: Downloadable milestone checklist
Speech and Language Developmental Milestones from the National Institute of Health and National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders
Provides information about:
- Speech and language development
- Milestones for speech and language development
- Information regarding speech and language disorders
- Resources and information about speech and language delays
Key feature:Baby hearing checklist
Features book recommendations and brochures about supporting young readers
Reading Rockets funded by the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs
Features reader guides, tip sheets, and discussion guides
Features information about:
- Patient Care; evaluation and treatment
- Research and Training: programs and studies
- Special Education: schools and programs
- Community: programs and resources
Features information about the talent search process for Pre-K - high school students, online classes, and summer enrichment opportunities.