LOCATE: Child Care
Information and Referral
Through a partnership with LOCATE: Child Care, a service of the Maryland Family Network, we provide enhanced child care information and referral services to all Johns Hopkins faculty, staff, and full-time post-docs, residents, and doctoral students who are fully funded by a wage or stipend.
LOCATE's database includes all registered family child care providers and licensed group programs, such as full-day centers, preschools and Head Start programs, public pre-k programs, private kindergartens, school-age programs, summer programs and camps.
Enhanced information and referral services include:
- Direct access to information about all registered and licensed child care programs throughout Maryland.
- Confidential, individual counseling and assessment of child care needs to match those needs with available services.
- Referrals to child care providers with immediate vacancies or potential future openings.
- Service for families whose children have cognitive, motor, medical, or social challenges, including behavior.
- Information on choosing the best child care for your situation.
- Materials on specialized child care options and services (nanny and au pair agencies, transportation services, etc.), federal income tax credits for families, and financial assistance programs.
- Follow-up assistance until placement is found or all resources are exhausted.
How do I register?
Complete and submit the LOCATE: Child Care Registration Form. LOCATE Corporate Enhanced Referral Service will contact you as soon as possible. You may also contact LOCATE at 1-800-999-0120, option 2, or LOCATEcorporate@marylandfamilynetwork.org.
Please email or call 410-516-2000 if you have questions about the child care referral process.