LOCATE: Child Care
Information and Referral
Through a partnership with Locate: Child Care, a service of the Maryland Family Network, we provide enhanced child care information and referral services to all Johns Hopkins faculty, staff, and and full-time post-docs, residents, and doctoral students who are fully funded by a wage or stipend.
LOCATE's database includes all registered family child care providers and licensed group programs, such as full-day centers, school-age programs, private kindergartens and nursery schools, public pre-k programs, Head Start programs, summer programs, and summer camps.
Enhanced information and referral services include:
- Direct access to information about all registered, licensed, or accredited child care programs throughout Maryland.
- Confidential, individual counseling and assessment of child care needs and matching those needs with available services.
- Information on choosing the best child care for your situation.
- Materials on specialized child care options and services (nanny and au pair agencies, sick or emergency care, transportation services, etc.), federal income tax credits for families, and financial assistance programs.
- Follow-up assistance until placement is found or all resources are exhausted.
How do I register?
Complete the registration form online. Maryland Family Network will contact you within three business days after they receive your request.
Please email or call 410-516-2000 if you have questions about the child care referral process.