Backup care gives you and your family a safety net when...
- You, your child, spouse/partner, or adult relative is ill and needs assistance.
- Your child's school is closed for a holiday, planning day, or vacation and you need to work.
- Your mother needs home care after an injury.
- You have overnight travel requirements and no one to take care of the children.
- You have a gap in your regular family care arrangements.
- The daycare center's heating system breaks.
- You need to take your child with you to a conference.
The Backup Care program is provided through Care.com® BackupCare℠.
The Johns Hopkins Backup Care program is designed to provide in-home sick, emergency or backup care at a reduced cost for dependents and adults of benefit-eligible:
- Faculty and staff of the university and the health system
- Postdoctoral Fellows of the university (starting July 1, 2018)
- Residents of the School of Medicine
Please see eligibility requirements for more details.