JHU Staff Appreciation Fall Fest
For all you do ... Fall Fest is for you!
- When: Friday, September 5, 3:00 – 8:00 PM (Rain or Shine)
- Where: Johns Hopkins at Eastern (1101 East 33rd Street); shuttle schedules will be extended
- What: food, assorted beverages, DJ/dance floor/karaoke, volleyball and games
- Cost: free. Tickets are required for entry (limit 5 per employee)
How do I get tickets?
- Tickets are no longer available online.
- Ticket pickup will begin on Tuesday, August 26 at several locations across campuses.
- If you reserved a ticket online, you may pick up an additional four tickets for immediate family members. Any online ticket not picked up by Wednesday, August 27 at 4:00 PM will be returned to the general pool of tickets for the location you selected.
- If you did not reserve a ticket for yourself online, you may pick up a maximum of five tickets starting Tuesday, August 26 at several locations across campuses.
- Tickets must be picked up in person with your JHU ID. Lost tickets cannot be replaced.
- If the Ticket Champion closest to you runs out of tickets, you may come to Eastern High School, Suite C100 or to the 550 Building in Est Baltimore, Suite 403.
Ticket Pickup Locations
- Mary Seaby, Development and Alumni Relations, San Martin Center, 2nd Floor, 410-516-4053, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leslie Wiggins, MSE Library, Dean’s Office, Q-Level, 410-516-8330, email@example.com
- Lynda Barker, Wyman Park, Room 650D, 410-516-6112, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Valerie Cloud, Wyman Park, Room 650C, 410-516-7062, email@example.com
Additional Event Details
- JHU ID required for entrance
- Chairs and blankets welcome
- Lost tickets cannot be replaced
- Pets are not permitted
Sign Up for Activities
This year’s event will include two new activities: a sing-off and volleyball. Five staff members will face each other in a sing-off judged by the crowd’s level of applause. The winner will receive a special prize. If more than five people express interest, we will draw names to participate.
Any lovers of volleyball in your office? Are you and some of your colleagues interested in a little friendly competition? Email your interest and the number of people joining you.
If you or some of your colleagues would like to participate in the sing-off or volleyball, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Name and Date Change
The JHU Staff Appreciation Picnic will now be called the JHU Staff Appreciation Fall Fest. It will take place on the first Friday after Labor Day starting this year.
Reasons for moving the event to September
- The Fall Fest in September will help kick off a new academic year.
- Two out of the last three picnics have been significantly impacted by weather (last year it was a hurricane); September's weather is usually more favorable.
Improvements to the picnic
- Increased capacity means more staff and their families can attend
- Increased shaded seating
- New games and special attractions