Financial Assistance Program
- Download the Emergency Loan Packet.
- Complete forms 1, 2, and 3 (Consent Form, Conditions and Application, Memorandum to Supervisor) and have supervisor sign Form 3: Memorandum to Supervisor.
- Submit forms 1, 2, and 3 and a delinquent bill that must be in the applicant’s name to FAP@jhu.edu, fax 443-997-6609, or in-person at an office location.
- Within 3 business days of receipt of all necessary Emergency Loan documents, the FAP coordinator contacts you regarding loan eligibility.
If You Are Approved for a Loan
- If you are approved and have provided an email address, the FAP coordinator scans all of the documents, along with a signed disbursement sheet, and sends them to the Johns Hopkins University Credit Union (JHFCU). If you have not provided an email address, you will need to pick up the approved paperwork and take it to the JHFCU for processing.
- When the JHFCU receives the documents via email, a JHFCU representative emails a loan form to you to sign via DocuSign. If it is not possible for you to use DocuSign, you take the approved paperwork directly to the JHFCU for processing.
- After you DocuSign the loan form, the JHFCU contacts you via email (or phone if necessary), to notify you that the check is ready for pick-up.
- Once you receive notification, go to a JHFCU location to pick up the FAP loan check. The JHFCU Lending Department can be reached at 410-534-4500 Ext 503.
Note: The loans are subject to the approval of the Johns Hopkins University Financial Assistance Program (FAP) and Johns Hopkins Federal Credit Union (JHFCU). Applicants may be required to follow up with financial counseling and/or any other recommended interventions. Financial assistance is underwritten through an agreement between JHU Human Resources and JHFCU.
Please contact the FAP coordinator at 443-997-7000 if you have any questions.