Wellness is an important part of a healthy work-life mix. As a member of the Johns Hopkins community, you have access to several wellness programs and discounted gym memberships.
Johns Hopkins at Mt. Washington Fitness Center
This full-service commercial fitness center is located on the campus of the Mt. Washington Conference Center. Johns Hopkins employees and JHU students/alumni receive a discounted rate of $39 per month.
- Open 24/7 for members
- Full line of cardio and weight training equipment
- Basketball/volleyball court
- Locker rooms with showers, sauna and towel service
- All classes are included in the membership
Learn more about what the Mt. Washington Fitness Center has to offer.
Employees of Johns Hopkins Medicine can join the Cooley Center, located on the northwest corner of the East Baltimore campus, facing the Outpatient Building. A satellite center is located on Wolfe Street at the Bloomberg School of Public Health, 9th floor.
|House Staff/Post-Doctoral Fellows||$14.50/pay|
|Weekly Payroll Employee||$8.31/pay|
Memberships are available for spouses and families. Learn more about what the Cooley Center has to offer.
O'Connor Recreation Center
Johns Hopkins affiliates and their families can join the O'Connor Recreation Center, located on the Homewood campus. General membership is $180/year from September to August.
Learn more about what the O'Connor Recreation Center has to offer.
Y of Central Maryland
JHU faculty and staff can join the Y of Central Maryland with no initiation fee (up to a $49 savings) and a reduced month-to-month cost as low as $47/month (individual) and $73/month (family); no contract required.
- METRO Membership (able to use any Y of Central Maryland Facilities)
- Priority program registration
- Reduced program and camp fees
- Free aerobics classes (water and land)
- Free on-site child supervision while you work out (1.5 hours per day)
- Use of pool, fitness center, weight room, and basketball courts
- Use of A.W.A.Y. program when traveling (able to use any Y that is out of the association or state)
Learn more about what the Y of Central Maryland has to offer.