The Johns Hopkins University Staff Recognition Program is held to honor staff members as valued contributors to the university's success, improve morale and nurture loyalty by recognizing those celebrating milestone anniversaries with the university. The Office of Work, Life & Engagement strives to ensure that each recipient is recognized with a positive and meaningful career event.
Staff members celebrating 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45 and greater milestone anniversaries in increments of 5 years of service with the university, whose anniversaries fall between July 11, 2012 and July 10, 2013, inclusive, as well as retirees, will be invited to the Staff Recognition Dinner on Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 6 pm in the Ralph S. O´ Connor Recreation Center on the Homewood campus.
Staff members who served the university for 5, 10 or 15 years, with service anniversaries between July 11, 2012 and July 10, 2013, will be invited to attend a recognition reception. Honorees at each event will be presented with their recognition award.
Receptions for staff celebrating service anniversaries of 5, 10 and 15 years include:
- Nitze School of Advanced International Studies on Wednesday, June 5, 3:30 pm in the Herter Room, 1740 Mass Ave., NW, Washington DC
- School of Nursing on Monday, June 10, 3:00 to 5:00 pm in the Courtyard. (In the event of inclement weather, the reception will be held in the Carpenter Room.)
- School of Medicine on Wednesday, June 12, 3:00 to 4:30 pm in Turner Concourse
- Staff from Academic & Cultural Centers, Carey Business School, Homewood Student Affairs, Jhpiego, Johns Hopkins University Press, Krieger School of Arts and Sciences, Peabody, School of Education, The Johns Hopkins Club, University Administration, University Libraries and JHU Museums, and Whiting School of Engineering will be recognized at the Homewood reception on Tuesday, June 25, 3:00 to 4:30 pm in the Glass Pavilion, Levering Hall.
- Bloomberg School of Public Health on Thursday, June 27, 2:00 to 4 pm in Feinstone Hall
All eligible staff members should have received an email or mailed packet with information on selecting a recognition gift. To select a recognition gift, please visit www.jhurecognition.com and enter the login and password from your email or mailed packet. All awards must be selected by February 15.
Awards will be presented to eligible staff members during the recognition events. Staff members who believe they are eligible for an award and attendance at a recognition event, but are not included on the eligible staff recognition list are encouraged to call 443-997-0345.
To be recognized for years of service, you must be a full-time or part-time staff member with a minimum of 5 years of continuous service with the university. Recipients who have completed 5, 10, 15, 20, or more years of service, in increments of 5 years, and whose service anniversary falls between July 11 and July 10 are honored by the university
Staff in all divisions of the university are recognized, including:
Academic & Cultural Centers
Bloomberg School of Public Health
Carey Business School
Homewood Student Affairs
The Johns Hopkins University Press
Krieger School of Arts and Sciences
Nitze Schools of Advanced International Studies
School of Education
School of Medicine
School of Nursing
University Libraries and JHU Museums
Whiting School of Engineering
Levering Hall cafeteria staff who were formerly employed by Hopkins prior to July 1971 and have remained at the university to work under new sub-contractors are recognized.
Johns Hopkins Club staff with 5, 10 15 or more years of service are eligible for recognition.
NOT included in the Staff Recognition Program:
- Casual, limited and temporary staff
- Hospital service before transfer to the university payroll (administrative transfers are reviewed on a case by case basis)
- Retired staff who work on a casual, limited, part-time or full-time basis
- Staff members who are on disability at the time they reach their service anniversary date are recognized once they return to work
Exceptions for a break in service:
Full-time or part-time staff members who leave the university after completing a minimum of five years of service, and then return to the university as full-time or part-time staff members, may be eligible to have their service bridged for recognition purposes.
If you feel that you may be eligible to have your service bridged, please call 443-997-0345. Include the following details for each continuous period of employment: date of employment: date of termination, division and department where you worked, employment status (full-time or part-time), and whether you were faculty or staff. Include your full name (and any former names under which you worked) and your SAP personnel number.
The university annually recognizes retirees who meet current university guidelines as published by Benefits Administration. Retirees must also:
- Be at least age 55 at termination and have completed 10 or more years of continuous full-time service with the university immediately prior to termination OR
- Have completed 30 or more years of continuous full-time service with the university immediately prior to termination, regardless of age
- Note: A leave of absence from which an employee does not return to full-time service does not count
toward satisfying the criteria.